Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas wanted for modern front door

Deano1
Cultivating a Following

Ideas wanted for modern front door

Hi, I'm currently doing up my unit, well trying to 🙄 & at the moment, I'm working on the lounge/living room. I've done a feature wall & few other bits & I'm wanting to do something different & creative with the front door, modern & minimalist style on a budget & was just wondering if anyone has any ideas or advice & tips please.

Thank, Dean.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ideas wanted for modern front door

Hi @Deano1 

I suggest having a look at the Dulux Design Effect Paint. It comes with different finishes from gold to concrete and if done with a bit of artistry you can even have texture on it.

The second option is Superfresco Wallpaper, they come in different colours and textures. I suggest visiting your local store and having a look at what's available.

Depending on your budget, you can use designer panels in combination with LED light strips. It's even possible to use glow in the dark paint. It would give your visitors a nice surprise in the evening.

I suggest having a look at this discussion - Feature wall with timber panelling by @Monika1. It's a good example of changing the look and feel of your room by simply changing the colour and texture of your wall. In this instance it should work for your door as well. 

Let me call on our experienced members @prettyliving, @lifestylebymari and @redbournreno for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Deano1,

Are you talking about the front of the door (exterior) or the back (interior) or both?

Can you please also post a photo of your unit (either the front or your living room or both) so members can see what you are working with and suggest something that best suits the style of your home?

We look forward to assisting further.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Monika1
Cultivating a Following

Thanks @EricL for appreciating my creativity. 

Hello @Deano1 let me know if you have any questions in regards to the wall we have created. 

Thank you.

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@Deano1 

My first thought of something different with a front door was maybe to make a design up out of any of these Hardwood mouldings and attach it to the door. (I went with hardwood as its an external door and even tho it will be painted I still prefer it over pine) Id sit and doodle different layouts and then figure out how to use the trim, wether diamonds, rectangles or squares. 

Hope something comes to mind.

Dave

Deano1
Cultivating a Following

Thank u Eric, some great ideas & had thought of doing something with panels, as have some but wasn't sure what to do with it & love the lightning idea & the glow paint, hadn't thought of that & think if done right, could be great, thanks heaps, really appreciate it.

Dean.

Deano1
Cultivating a Following

Thanks Dave, will definitely have a look at them, will post some b4 & after pix soon, appreciate the help.

Dean.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects