Workshop
Ask a question

What is the difference between AC4 or AC5 laminate flooring?

Samara1
Growing in Experience

What is the difference between AC4 or AC5 laminate flooring?

Have you upgraded laminated floor from AC4 to AC5 in First floor. Did you find any difference between this two.

I cannot find any difference based on the samples as both shows scratches and have water resistant.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laminated floor AC4 or AC5 for first floor

Hi @Samara1,

I haven't personally upgraded, but I can certainly tell you the difference.

AC4 laminated flooring is designed for moderate to heavy residential use. It offers a good level of wear resistance, making it suitable for areas like hallways, living rooms, dining rooms, and bedrooms. While it can handle considerable foot traffic and resist scratches and dents, it may show signs of wear in very high-traffic areas over time. 

AC5 laminated flooring is designed for very high-traffic areas in residential buildings or for commercial use. It provides the highest level of wear resistance in laminate flooring, making it ideal for environments with heavy foot traffic, such as retail stores, large offices, and public buildings. AC5 flooring is highly resistant to scratches, dents, and general wear, maintaining its appearance longer even under heavy use. 

I note that you've seen scratching in both types, but the AC5 is significantly more durable than the AC4.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects