Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need recommendation for pull-out drawer and bin for under-sink cupboard

Samara1
Growing in Experience

Need recommendation for pull-out drawer and bin for under-sink cupboard

Dear Experts,

1) any pull out organiser in steel which can be mounted under the sink cupboard for keeping detegent bottles and other stuff. - will this be DIY by just screwing under the sink cupboard?

2) also looking for pull out bin under sink cupboard which can be DIY 

kindly share the links. thanks

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need recommendation for pull-out drawer and bin for under-sink cupboard

Hi @Samara1,

Thank you for your question.

Your main concern when deciding on your options is the compatibility with the space. Confirming the size and location of the cabinets that you want to install them in is the first step. With this information I can point you to specific products that might be good for you.

There are a variety of pullout baskets that can be installed for added organisation and functionality with some basic D.I.Y knowledge. 

There are also a variety of options for pull out bins to suit a variety of aesthetics and cabinet sizes. Once again, these can be installed with some basic D.I.Y knowledge by following the manufacturer's instructions.

If you advise the dimensions of the cabinets that you were planning on attaching them to, I can assist further with narrowing down your choices and confirming compatibility.

Jacob

Samara1
Growing in Experience

i have single sink (720mm) with cupboard spacing as 900mm in pantry and 600mm sink cupboard in laundry.

so i want to do something like below pullout steel draw and  pullout bins below this sinks

please suggest the product links so i can plan accordingly.  Do these needs to be installed by profession carpenter or DIY?

Samara1_0-1715948380055.jpeg  

Samara1_1-1715948380108.png

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Samara1,

Some options for the organiser in a 900mm cabinet that I've found are the Practa 900mm Pullout Kitchen Basket and the Rev-A-Shelf Pull Out Basket For 900mm Cabinet which are very easy to install so no need for a carpenter.

As to the bin, Practa offer a variety of base mounted bins that will fit in both of these cabinets. You should have a look at these as potential options for you.

If you are planning to install both a bin and a shelf in each cabinet, it would be difficult to determine whether this is possible without seeing the cabinet in physical form. It may be possible, but the location of the sink and the height of the cabinet would need to be taken into account.

As this is something that will come later in your build, it is good to get your head around what is available, but it might be prudent to wait and see what is possible before making a decision on a specific product.

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Jacob

Samara1
Growing in Experience

thanks @JacobZ 

i want both pullout bin and pullout shelf in 450mm wide x 400mm height in the bottom cabinet under 720mm wide x 250mm deep sink. both should be placed side by side under sink as the cabin width will be 1meter approx. so could i install this items by myself or only the carpenter needs to do.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Samara1,

Installation of these products is not particularly difficult and would likely require no more than a spirit level and a drill. If you have these things, assuming the sizing is perfect for your cabinets, you could absolutely install them yourself. If customisations are needed, you may require the assistance of your carpenter or a cabinet maker.

I'm struggling to wrap my head around the dimensions and the space available. Would you have the design plans, and would you be comfortable with me having a look at them? This would be a great help for me to find compatible products for you.

Let me know how you go.

Jacob

Samara1
Growing in Experience

great thanks @JacobZ 

here is the plan of sink cabinet in pantry:

Samara1_0-1716127423864.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Samara1,

The cabinet would need to be modified slightly to install the bin and shelf side-by-side. A divider would need to be installed vertically so that a 450mm shelf and 450mm bin can be used.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects