Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need recommendations for Smart Door Lock

badmojo
Getting Established

Need recommendations for Smart Door Lock

Hi Bunnings Workshop Team,

I want to install a smart door lock. What is the appropriate lock for below?

1000017690.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need recommendations for Smart Door Lock

Hello @badmojo 

Thanks for sharing your question regarding your door lock.

My apologies for the late reply. The closest smart lock I can suggest to your configuration is the Lockly Duo Compact Satin Nickel. It is WiFi compatible, and you get full Control with Smartphone Unlock, lock, check door, track access history, and unique users in real-time from anywhere through free LOCKLY smartphone app.

Configuration and latch distance will need to be double checked before installing the lock. If you need the door lock to be installed by a professional. I suggest speaking to the special orders desk at your local store regarding the door lock installation service on offer.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
badmojo
Getting Established

Thanks for the suggestion.

As there are 2 bore holes, could I use a normal lock on 1 and use a smart lock on the other?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @badmojo,

The lock @EricL has linked utilises both holes, including the handle lock and the deadbolt lock. You'll need to verify on specifications whether the current holes can be used or if they need to be filled and new holes to suit the lock must be created. If the holes do not correspond, I'd encourage you to take advantage of our installation offer and have a professional do the install.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Thanks. The suggested lock seems too thick for the door so now keen to just utilize one hole for smart lock and one hole for a normal lock.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @badmojo,

The Lockly Duo Compact Satin Nickel suits the standard thickness of a front door. Is there some information you ran into that suggests otherwise?

Here's our range of smart deadlocks.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects