Workshop
Ask a question

Table Saw recommendations and cordless nail finisher wanted

GregM
Finding My Feet

Table Saw recommendations and cordless nail finisher wanted

Hi all - after a recommendation for a table saw - am looking at the Dewalt (DWE7491) - does anyone have any feedback? main use will be for ongoing renovations such as cutting down cabinets and infill panels (looking to also upgrade the blade so if anyone also has any feedback on a blade which cuts super clean - was aiming for a 40T?).

Also looking for feedback on the Makita cordless finisher gun (model DBN600ZJ) for light framing and infill panels - all of my tools are Makita however the reviews don't seem great on this gun - Paslode is more reliable and expensive so maybe it's a case of what you pay is what you get?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Table Saw recommendations and cordless nail finisher

Hi @GregM,

The DeWALT 254mm 2000W Corded Table Saw DWE7491-XE stands out for its quality and reliability, making it a great choice for DIY renovations; it's really a step above the more budget-friendly options. The table saws' precise cutting capabilities ensure accuracy thanks to the rack and pinion fence system, front and rear fence lock, and cast table-top design. Having the fence lock at the front and back is essential for cabinetry work. Its portability is another strong point, allowing easy transportation without compromising performance. Overall, it's a quality tool built to withstand the demands of trade use and deliver consistent, high-quality results. Blade-wise, I'd be looking at either a Irwin 254mm 40T Mitre Saw Blade or, for trim or finishing work, the IRWIN 254mm 80T Marathon Circular Saw Blade.

The Makita 18V 16Ga Finishing Nailer DBN600ZJ is suitable for trim work. As it runs finishing nails, framing is out of the question; you'd need to look at framing guns for that type of work. Those can be hired if need be. If you want to stay within the Makita eco-sphere, then you might like to check out the other battery-powered Makita finishing and brad nailers available through our friends at Tool Kit Depot. We can also look at ordering these models into your nearest Bunnings store. Just see a helpful team member at the Special Orders desk.

Paslode bradders are the industry standard for robust tools that get the job done. They do have a higher cost, though. You can be assured they'll handle your renovation with ease.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thread drift.

The bonus Dewalt stand looks very similar to a stand my father made for his Elu saw back in 1971.

How does the Dewalt saw attach to the stand?

Cheers!

Capture.PNG

20240523_092515.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Noyade,

The saw slots into the top and is secured in place with four bolts. Looks very similar to what your father created.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc 

"The saw slots into the top"

Sounds better than what I have. The Elu is very heavy.

One thing I did notice over the years is concrete is not always level. Grass is usually okay, but not concrete.

Nothing worse than a table saw that 'rocks'.

So I welded two adjustable feet on two legs.

Happy days.

Cheers.

20240523_100243.jpg

Bomber25
Building a Reputation

Re: Table Saw recommendations and cordless nail finisher wanted

Would also recommend the dewalt table saw, I run the DWE-7485 (210mm) which would be fine for what you’re doing. Wish I got the 254mm though, then you can use dado blades which is handy for cabinetry and joinery. Best blades in my opinion (the teeth count will differ depending on the type of material you’re cutting) are Freud, who Diablo I believe are a subsidiary of. You can get Diablo at Bunnings. You might also want to look to add the table saw to a mobile cart rather than a stand and use some folding brackets to give you an outfeed table for ripping longer lengths. Like the below photo (not mine)

IMG_7134.jpeg

Re: Table Saw recommendations and cordless nail finisher wanted

Nice - may have to make myself a portable bench! Need a larger workshop!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects