Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is the easiest to use caulking gun?

Miran
Finding My Feet

What is the easiest to use caulking gun?

I would like to put clear silicone sealant on all the skirting boards and around the window and door frames to eliminate draughts. I don't have a lot of grip strength. Which caulking gun would be the easiest to use?. I don't want one over $50.Thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Easiest to use caulking gun.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Miran. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about caulking guns.

All caulking guns need to expel the silicone from the tube, which requires a reasonable amount of force. The other factor that might be an issue is the shape of the handle. Some of the cheaper varieties have a folded steel handle, or it's quite thin, so their design could hurt your hand. I'd suggest dropping into your closest Bunnings store and testing them out to see which feels best in your hand. Something like the Dripless Caulking Gun would be a reasonable choice.

I know it's out of your budget, but if you had a Ryobi battery and charger already, something like the Ryobi 18V ONE+ Caulking Gun - Tool Only would be an absolute dream to use. I have one, and it takes no effort to use; just press the trigger, and it does all the work. It would certainly be worth considering if you are looking to fill all gaps around the exterior and interior of a house.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Easiest to use caulking gun.

Thanks Mitchell for your help. The Ryobi one sounds ideal but I will drop into my local Bunnings and try out the other mechanical ones.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects