Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What primer for timber panelling?

ria1
Just Starting Out

What primer for timber panelling?

16524939627905042463537752688122.jpg

What primer can I buy to put on this dark 70's timber wall panelling. I want to paint this wall to lighten up the room. Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: primer for timber panelling

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ria1. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about preparing a wall for painting.

I'd recommend using Dulux PRECISION Maximum Strength Adhesion Primer White for a no-fuss solution. It's a fantastic product I've been using lately on many hard to paint surfaces. It means that you don't have to sand and can apply it straight over the cleaned surface. Wipe the wall down with some Sugar Soap and then remove it with a cloth and fresh water. Wait for the surface to dry and apply the primer. After it has dried, you'll be ready for your topcoat and I would recommend Dulux Wash & Wear.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell. That sounds like a great product. I will go get some soon and get painting.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated @ria1, and reach out if you need further assistance. We'll be keenly awaiting pictures of the finished project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects