Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Would you remove internal arches?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Would you remove internal arches?

Before starting work on the renovation of a typical 1980s suburban Australian home, the Make It Happen team asked Australians should the internal arches stay or go. 

The overall design style for the house is modern Australian. 

What would you do - remove the arches or keep them as a feature of the house?

Jason

Arch.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Would you remove internal arches?

Simple answer if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. 

Renowayoflife
Becoming a Leader

ooooooooh This feels like a juicy question!

I have been known to remove arches in some of the houses we have renovated and although I'm softening to them, unless they're a period feature - like fret work I prefer clean lines.

But as they're are designing this house as a modern Australian home I would expect they'll keep them as they're super trendy right now.  Can't wait to see what the team decide.

Claire 

TT

IG 

Blog

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

I love an archway in the right setting, especially in Mediterranean homes. Those 80's archways are making a comeback in modern Australian design so I would be inclined to say keep them. Based on her amazing How to build a barn door with VJ panels for her archway frame, I have a feeling that @lifestylebymari would say KEEP! 

Katie

Yes you got it right @KatieC 

I love the arch here, so much potential -  Arches are certainly coming back and I am here for it, they can give any home so much character and interest. 

Very excited to see how it all unfolds in the series. 

Mariana :smile: 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I was surprised by this result - arches are indeed currently on trend. 60% of respondents said the arches should stay.

Today's question is would you prefer a large shower or a double vanity in an ensuite?

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects