Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

$700 bathroom makeover

Melzie
Building a Reputation

$700 bathroom makeover

afterafter

This bathroom was very dysfunctional and not to mention ugly. As this was a second bathroom and not used much at all, why gut the whole thing when you can make it look great for $700. Firstly I removed the old shaving cabinet (that wasn't even at head height) as well as the window (there is an extension on the house so this window goes into another bedroom). After bricking up the opening and plastering over the top I added a large format mirror to help make the room feel bigger and bounce some light around as there is no longer a window in there. I replaced the old vanity with a flat pack on at Bunnings for $120. I ripped out the black tiles and replaced with similar white ones and tiled over the existing floor. I painted the bath with paint designed for metal and submerged water. Then I finished the space off with a new shower screen and mixers and taps. 

beforebefore

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: $700 bathroom makeover

Hi @Melzie

Your powers of transformation are just incredible. I love that this turnaround was achieved with just a few elements being changed. It's a total makeover from what it was. This is definitely going into my bookmarks page for future reference.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful bathroom makeover.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Melzie
Building a Reputation

Re: $700 bathroom makeover

Thanks Eric :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects