Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

A frame or sth for a mirror ?

vica
Having an Impact

A frame or sth for a mirror ?

3D050262-3105-4726-B387-093B0001E9E9.jpeg

Hi,My mirror is over basin, length is 840mm,width is 685mm.Its edge is broken ,about 4mm. Does it need a frame or sth? Thank u!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: A frame or sth for a mirror ?

Hi @vica,

Could you please also share a wider shot showing the whole of your mirror and its surroundings so we can see where it would be possible to install a frame or whether it might be best to repair or replace the mirror. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
vica
Having an Impact

Thanks.

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @vica. I apologise for the delay in my reply. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to give some advice.

You can create a frame out of Metal Mate 12 x 12mm x 3m 1.4mm White Powder Coated Aluminium Angle and glue it to the mirror with Selleys 310g Liquid Nails Mirror Metal And Glass. That will certainly protect the edge of the mirror from further damage.

Can I please ask if that portion of the mirror is coming in contact with anything or is there a contact point outside the image area which it is bumping against? It would be unusual for damage like this is occur without an impact of some sort. If there is a contact point we can perhaps address that also with a buffer of some description.

Mitchell

Hi@Mitchell,Good morning ,thank you so much !

I bought this house two years ago, ignored the mirror at that time. Also the broken point was not so serious . 

I plan to renovate house step by step . Wish further help from you , You are  so sophisticated !

Vica

Hi,Mitchell
 I am sorry to ask how can I cut the 

Metal Mate 12 x 12mm x 3m 1.4mm White Powder Coated Aluminium Angle ? I mean I haven’t  tools and am not able to use them. I think maybe Bunnings service can help me .I can pay for it.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @vica,

I'm sorry but we don't currently have a service for cutting aluminium. You can cut the mitred corners with a Rolltrak Flyscreen Mitre Box and using a hack saw.

If you needed advice on how to do so or had questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

Hi, Mitchell!

Thank you very much . I will try them soon.

Vica

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects