Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Affordable Vanity Ensuite

Nham
Becoming a Leader

Affordable Vanity Ensuite

Just wanted to share with everyone our affordable vanity ensuite install. Trying to keep the cost down, we did the install ourselves and sold the old vanity on eBay. It was a tight space, so we went for a narrow vanity unit and also put in a medicine cabinet. Most of the plumbing supplies I bought from Bunnings, while the vanity/sink/cabinet from Ikea.

20200709_115808.jpeg20200709_115658.jpeg20200709_115748.jpeg20200707_124429.jpeg20200707_141621.jpegF5ADD2B4-F410-45CD-84D4-692F4F42A8F5_1_105_c.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Affordable Vanity Ensuite

Hi @Nham,

That seems like it was a simple project which has made a world of difference. Did you run into any difficulties along the way, or was it smooth sailing? Any advice you could give to other members that might like to try a similar refresh?

Many thanks for sharing and well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Affordable Vanity Ensuite

Hi @MitchellMc 

Thanks for comments. When we started, it's always hard to visualised the final results, but we are happy with the outcome. As you said, the build was easy, and the hardest part was finding the right size vanity. Doing the plumbing was a challenge as I wanted to push everything to the back to maximise space. In our old vanity unit, the S trap was right in the middle which took up so much room. I ended using the Abey PVC connector waste trap and arrange all the plumber flush to the back. It looks really neat and creates more storage. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects