Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Any advice on buying a new shower head?

Elle44
Cultivating a Following

Any advice on buying a new shower head?

Hi all.  Quick one!  I’d like to replace my shower head but assumed that they are not interchangeable.  I’m happy to have a plumber do the actual change, but what do I need to know (eg measurements etc) before I buy a new head?  Many thanks, Elle 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shower head

Hello @Elle44

In order for us to provide you with recommendations, would it be possible for you to post a few photos of your existing showerhead? Once we see what it looks like it will give our members a chance to assess its configuration. We can then give you suggestions on what to look out for when purchasing your new showerhead.

Were you thinking of getting a slide rail-type shower system or just a showerhead? Some shower heads now come with a hose such as the Estilo WELS 3 Star 9L/min 3 Function Hand Shower. It has five functions on it and can be removed from its cradle hook. 

If you need a hand posting the pictures, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Elle44
Cultivating a Following

Hi Eric, I thought I should have included pics, sorry about that!  As you can see the slide rail wont work as there’s a small indent shelf.  But the Estilo sounds good.  Anyway look forward to hearing what you suggest!  Cheers Elle7F3CC264-5701-4BE1-B7DF-F372F844AB0C.jpeg6222B594-61FA-48DE-A8A4-BCF560C79686.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Elle44

Thank you very much for posting that picture of your showerhead. By the looks of it, the fitting is standard and you can pretty much put in anything with a standard 15mm fitting. Just to be clear on this, any showerhead with an arm will fit the standard outlet pipe on your wall. Any rain-head shower with a pipe attached to it will fit except of course the ceiling-mounted ones.

I have the Estilo WELS 3 Star 9L/min 3 Function Hand Shower installed in my shower because it makes it so easy to wash and clean the showers. It's conveniently easy to maneuver and has many functions. Another option is the Methven WELS 3 Star 9L/min 150mm Krome Hi Rise Shower if you're after a wide spray. I suggest visiting your local store and having a look at the shower heads in your store and seeing which one you like.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Elle44
Cultivating a Following

Thanks Eric, as always a mine of information. regards Elle

Belle101
Just Starting Out

Hi @EricL 

So glad I came accross this post! I also need to replace an old shower head (my head has broken off!).  I'm thinking of using the bunnings installation service as I'm no DIYer but need some help choosing the right head.My fitting looks similar to Elle's but would appreciate your advice.

My old shower head was great as it gave a wide spray with high pressure so I'm scared a new one won't do as good a job. Is this more to do with the water pressure on my apartment building?

1000009101.jpg

1000009098.jpg

1000009097.jpg

1000009099.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Belle101 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us.

If you wish to get a similar head but with better performance, I suggest having a look at the following:

These heads are all rated for 9L/min and put out the same amount of water. They have in built plastic restrictors at the ends that slow down the water. The Dorf Stayfast has a stronger body and is easy to adjust and tighten.

The Flexispray Bermuda is a classic shower head and is a common sight in Australian showers.

The Estillo 3 Function head is the new iteration of the standard pin shower head. It has standard spray, massage and deluge functions.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects