Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Arlec Grid Connect smart contact sensor no delay

shunter6669

Arlec Grid Connect smart contact sensor no delay

Hi,  I was trying to use the contact sensor to warn me if if the laundry door had been left open but cancel the notification when the door is closed.  Currently I have it set up with the following automations but after 30 minutes I get the notification that the door is open even after it has been closed.

1. when the contact sensor is open a delay of 30 minutes applies and then a notification goes out.  

2. When the contact sensor is closed automation 1 is disabled

3. When the contact sensor is closed a delay of 10 seconds is applied then automation 1 is enabled

Not sure what I'm doing wrong or maybe it's just not possible.  If not I would like to suggest that an option be added to allow for this type of thing.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Arlec Grid Connect Smart Contact Sensor No Delay

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @shunter6669. It's fabulous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the Grid Connect system.

Unless one of our helpful members has attempted to create the same scene with the contact sensor, it would be difficult for us to know if it was an issue with the sensor or the scene. For technical troubleshooting with the app scenes, it might be best to contact Grid Connect directly on their support page. They also have some articles there which might assist. By contacting them directly, they can walk you through the process.

Personally, I haven't used the scenes in the app, but from a coding perspective, I wonder if rules 2. and 3. are superfluous. When the door is closed, the contact sensor isn't open, so I wouldn't think it would send out a notification, or you'd need to disable rule 1. with rule 2. and then re-enable it with 3.. Or, is there a reason you've included them like it won't reset to monitoring the contact sensor for open and repeat rule 1.? As mentioned, I'm not familiar with the scenes, and you've likely included the extra lines as rule 1. wasn't enough on its own.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects