Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom reno

Bathroomreno
Finding My Feet

Bathroom reno

Hi,

Want to change my bathroom vanity and also renovating my bathroom as DIY project

Old vanity length is 1740mm, so looking to change with flat pack made to order new vanity with drawers in polyurathane finish

Please help

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom reno

Welcome to the Workshop community @Bathroomreno. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

I've enquired with several of our vanity manufacturers and the maximum sized unit would be 1500mm. Our vanities come pre-assembled and a flat pack option is not something we currently offer. Was the old vanity a double sink and if so would you consider replacing it with two separate vanity units?

If you would like to upload some images of the bathroom and a drawing with the dimensions I'm sure our helpful community members will have some great suggestions.

You might also be interested in how to plan a bathroom renovation6 essential tips to renovate your bathroom and how to plan design and renovate a luxurious bathroom. There is also a great project from the @MakeItYours team on their bathroom and ensuite makeover which could be of interest.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

old vanityold vanity

Please find the sketch for new vanity which requires a flat pack optionSketch of new vanity which require flat pack optionSketch of new vanity which require flat pack optionflat pack option

Thanks for the photo @Bathroomreno.

Let me tag clever and creative community members @Mathy, @redracer01 and @2Belindas to see if they might like to kick off the discussion for you about replacing your bathroom vanity. 

If you'd like more suggestions for your renovation beyond replacing your vanity, we would recommend you share a floorplan or sketch of your bathroom with dimensions, and let us know what your goals and/or issues with the current bathroom. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Sketch uploaded as requested

Also please suggest which is the economical brand for toilet and wash basin.

Hello @Bathroomreno 

This is my favorite video for these occasions : https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/bathroom/vanity-cabinet-ideas/diy-bathroom-vanity

I will post my suggestion soon as I have a chance. Meanwhile enjoy the video!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hello @Bathroomreno 

Due to depth issues if you do buy flat pack cabinets please make sure they are 500 deep, otherwise you will need to modify these cabinets to make them fit. Which is why I recommended the diy video for the vanity. Below is my version of it with chalk finished doors and caroma liano nexus basins. Floor standing to avoid all that wall mounting business.

Cheers!

Red

bathvanity1.jpgbathvanity2.jpgbathvanity3.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects