Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom renovation - Room we avoided now room we love

etischner
Just Starting Out

Bathroom renovation - Room we avoided now room we love

20220730_191705.jpg

This bathroom was once drab and falling apart, literally! The window sill and most of the timbers were suffering white ant or water damage and were gradually falling apart day by day. There was no tiles at all in the bathroom. A few of the studs also had to be replaced. We replaced the timber window frame, built a hob around the bath and inserted a nook in the shower area and tiled it with tiles from bunnings. We covered all remaining walls in pine lining boards from bunnings, replaced the toilet, upcycled the old vanity with dulux paint, new handles, miranti top, basin and mixer all from bunnings We also re-enamled the existing cast iron bathtub using the tub and tile kit and went for matt black mondella fixtures. We did all the work ourselves, using the Bunnings How

To Videos to learn how to tile.

20220730_194530.jpg

20220730_194616.jpg

Before (new villaboard & Nook)Before (new villaboard & Nook)

Before (new studs/window frame)Before (new studs/window frame)

Before (vanity)Before (vanity)

Before (toilet)Before (toilet)

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom renovation - Room we avoided now room we love

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @etischner. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

What a transformation! I trust you're thrilled with the results, and rightfully so. You've done a spectacular job of creating a stunning bathroom and should be very proud of your achievements. 

It's great to hear you found our How To videos helpful. I use them all the time with my own home improvement projects.

Congratulations, and I very much look forward to hearing about what projects you'll be accomplishing next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects