Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom splashback over wallpaper?

MaryTonnz
Building a Reputation

Bathroom splashback over wallpaper?

20201223_121950[1].jpgI have had a new vanity installed in my bathroom and am looking for ideas for a splashback that is easy to put on over wallpaper.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom splashback over wallpaper?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @MaryTonnz. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

The easiest solution might be to install a mirror in that location. Not only is it likely to be a place where it would be used, but it would act as a glass splashback. We have a fantastic range of mirrors to select from, and they are all easy to install.

You should find this step-by-step guide helpful: How To Install A Bathroom Mirror.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MaryTonnz
Building a Reputation

sounds good thank you .

How did you go with your splashback @MaryTonnz? Did you decide to go with the mirror option? I trust our members will be excited to see the finished project.

Mitchell

MaryTonnz
Building a Reputation

Yes I did go with a mirror, just had it installed 3 days ago. Thank you.

Thanks for the update @MaryTonnz. Looking forward to seeing some photos of the mirror as I'm sure it will help and inspire other members.

Jason

MaryTonnz
Building a Reputation

Almost finished. I had the mirror installed and decided to put clear plastic across the bottom.   I have also moved the washing machine into the bathroom as well and I have built around it to enclose it off from the vanity.  I still have to put a couple of shelves above that. But here it is for now.

20201223_121950.jpg20210209_213823.jpg20210209_213828.jpg20210209_213933.jpg20210209_213954.jpg20210209_214007.jpg

Fantastic. Many thanks for the update @MaryTonnz. It's looking great.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects