Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom wainscot feature wall

homeinmelbourne
Becoming a Leader

Bathroom wainscot feature wall

DIY Bathroom Wainscot Feature Wall

In the main bathroom, we decided to leave one wall un-tiled and add some wainscoting. We demolished the bathroom as part of the full bathroom renovation and re-sheeted the one wall with new plasterboard. After patching and filling the plasterboard screw holes and joints, we measured out the wainscot design leaving space in the middle for a towel rail. We cut the timber moulding to length and used a brad nail gun to shoot on the timber moulding and skirting. Finally, we caulked, primed and painted the wall. A fairly easy DIY project that adds a bit of character to what would have otherwise been a plain white tiled wall. ☑️

Details of what we used:

Plasterboard - Aquachek Plasterboard from Bunnings

Joint and Hole Filler - Gyprock Ultra-Top Topping Compound from Bunnings

Timber moulding from Bunnings
Undercoat Primer - British Paints 4 in 1 from Bunnings

Paint - Dulux Vivid White Low Sheen from Bunnings

Caulking - Selleys No More Gaps Bathroom and Kitchen Gap Filler from Bunnings

Finished Wainscot Feature WallFinished Wainscot Feature Wall

IMG_3166.JPG

New plasterboard wall and timber moulding ready for primer and paintNew plasterboard wall and timber moulding ready for primer and paint

Before: Demolished bathroomBefore: Demolished bathroom

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom wainscot feature wall

Beautiful result @homeinmelbourne and so much interest added to a blank wall. Our members love a bit of wainscotting, so I trust your project will inspire them greatly.

Did you glue the moulding on at all, or were the brads sufficient for holding it in place?

Many thanks for sharing, and great work!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Bathroom wainscot feature wall

Thank you so much @MitchellMc! Yes, apologies, I must have forgotten to add that step into the post. We applied liquid nails to the moulding then shot the moulding on with a brad nailer.

Thank you for all your comments. I wish I had found the Bunnings workshop community earlier. All the members here have been so supportive and encouraging. There are so many creative projects by other members that I'm inspired to try out. Can't wait to get in some weekend DIY projects. The weekend can't come any sooner!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects