Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bunnings bathroom reno

jward
Cultivating a Following

Bunnings bathroom reno

B76A587F-31A9-44BB-BC76-2E6C69CD741C.jpeg

6478B182-DB10-489A-B79B-17F1DD584297.jpeg

26B38937-5BD4-4E1E-BA39-8A818984F67C.jpeg

  

On a mission to create a beautiful new bathroom - on a budget. EVERYTHING (except the floor tiles) was purchased from Bunnings. Hubby is a sparky and managed to do the whole reno on his own. Grand total was $5,920 👏🏻 

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Bunnings bathroom reno

Dear @jward

Firstly, let me extend a huge welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It's wonderful to to have you join us and hope you will find it a great place to discuss and share all things D.I.Y. I'll be happy to assist if you have any questions on how to get the most out of it.

Many thanks for sharing your bathroom makeover. I'd say you've succeeded in your mission to create a beautiful new bathroom - it's absolutely gorgeous! Clever use of a compact space.

Are you able to share any 'Before' photos so our members get a better idea of the transformation? Also, we'd appreciate any further details of this renovation. What were the tools and materials that helped you achieve this look? Did you face any difficulties during this renovation or was it all smooth sailing?

Thanks, and welcome once again

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jward
Cultivating a Following

showercrop2.jpg

bathcrop.jpg

bothcrop.jpg

We used :
White porcelain tiles 60 x 30 for the walls
Mondella Rumba tapware and fittings
Methven black shower system
Rick Mclean black frame shower screen
Rick Mclean Freestanding back-to-wall bath
Forme 900 Mont Albert Wall Hung Vanity
All glue, grout, silicone etc was also from bunnings. Trawl, tile cutter and other tools too.

We ran into trouble with the bath pipes. Originally we had a built in bath, when we removed it the water pipes weren't in the wall - they came up out of the floor a few cm from the wall. Because of the house build it would have been difficult (and expensive) to move the plumbing, so we built the ledge/shelf around them instead that the bath backs on to, which worked out really well as it's the perfect spot to pop a plant and I think it looks really good with the tile floors coming up the wall to the top of the ledge.

We also had planned to do floor to ceiling tiles on all walls, however it was not possible on one wall as it has a sliding door in wall cavity making the wall quite flexible and we didn't think it would be able to hold a full wall of tiles. We done half wall tiles on that wall, coat of paint on the top half and popped up 3 towel hooks.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome, thanks so much for the extra detail @jward. I'm sure other Bunnings Workshop community members will find it really helpful after getting inspiration from your wonderful results. 

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand with a project around the house or garden - we're here to help. And we are certainly looking forward to seeing what projects you tackle next.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects