Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I cut out section of tile to recess frameless shower panel wall brackets?

DamoLama
Just Starting Out

Can I cut out section of tile to recess frameless shower panel wall brackets?

I purchased the mondella frameless shower door for a 870 mm shower. the shower tiles are not even so when I hung the frameless shower door, the door hit against the tile at the bottom of the wall. The width is about 860mm at the floor of the shower and 865mm at the top. I’d need to find 5mm so I thought perhaps I could cut a rectangles out of the tiles and then recess in the wall brackets that attach the glass panel. Should I attempt this or return the purchase and look for another solution

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can I cut out section of tile to recess frameless shower panel wall brackets?

Hello @DamoLama

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your glass shower panel.

In order for us to get a better idea of your situation, would it be possible for you to post a few photos of the tile's position and where you are proposing to cut them? In this manner, we'll be able to assess the installation spot. We can then offer possible solutions on how to install your shower panel.

If you need assistance posting the photos, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects