Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I paint a Marbletrend shower base?

Katiebird
Just Starting Out

Can I paint a Marbletrend shower base?

Hi everyone.  I'm new to Workshop and am wondering if it is possible to paint a Marbletrend shower base? It's in good condition but is almond ivory and we would prefer white.  I know I can have it professionally sprayed but wondering if anyone has successfully painted one themselves?  I'm happy to give any DIY project a go!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can I Paint a Marbletrend Shower Base?

Hello @Katiebird

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about painting your Marbletrend shower base.

Unfortunately, the Marbletrend shower base although technically filled with a marble resin is bonded to an acrylic outer shell. This means that you'll not be able to paint it with the paint products available at the store. Any paint applied to the acrylic surface will not bond to the acrylic material and will eventually peel away. I suggest engaging the services of a professional shower tray resurfacer. Having them re-spray your shower tray will at least mean that it will be covered by a warranty and will be done with a professional finish.

Are you renovating only your shower area? There are products that you can use to repaint your tile walls such as the White Knight 1L White Satin Renew Tile And Laminate Paint and Dulux 1L Renovation Range Tiles & Benchtops Gloss White. Please note that these are not for use inside your enclosed shower space. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Can I Paint a Marbletrend Shower Base?

Thanks Eric. I thought that might be the case. I appreciate the advice and will get some quotes to have a professional spray the base.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects