Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I use interior paint for bathroom floor tiles if I add some Ultra Pave grip Additive

ShAnnie
Just Starting Out

Can I use interior paint for bathroom floor tiles if I add some Ultra Pave grip Additive

Can I use interior paint for bathroom floor tiles if I add some Ultra Pave grip Additive? The house is going to be renovated in a few years but we have a very non-slip bathroom floor that is ridiculously hard to clean & a horrible colour. I just want to 'update' the bathroom a bit until the renos can be done. Money is very tight

casper1
Growing in Experience

Re: Can I use interior paint for bathroom floor tiles if I add some Ultra Pave grip Additive

I have never had any joy painting floor tiles. I have tried oil and water based paints all without success. I also gave the White Knight range a go. It performed the best of all but still failed under foot traffic. I would suggest perhaps you try a piece of vinlyl flooring untill you renovate completely.  

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Can I use interior paint for bathroom floor tiles if I add some Ultra Pave grip Additive

Truly this is a worthwhile chemical experiment! Reminds me of the time I tried to paint my moms louver doors with paving paint. I always wondered why it looked thick and chunky. I could never get it to go smooth and silky. Paving paint has been chemically formulated to withstand the harshest weather conditions here in Oz. Pave grip is part of that chemical soup. It's only meant to activate and work with pave paint. The results would be unpredictable. I agree with Caspers suggestion. Perhaps some very thick lino will brighten up the room. Goodluck.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@ShAnnie Welcome to the Workshop community, I see some of our helpful members have already given some great feedback.

I'll need to confirm their thoughts, interior paints are not formulated to adhere to smooth tile surfaces nor are they strong enough to resist the wear factor.

Even those paints specifically made for the purpose have issues withstanding foot traffic.

I'm liking the idea of vinyl for a temp refresh, might be a suitable fix until you commit to a revamp.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ShAnnie,

Welcome to Workshop. Great to see you make your first post and get some very helpful and prompt replies from community members. We are looking forward to seeing how you can give the bathroom a budget makeover. 

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need assistance with a project or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects