Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can a chipped bathroom mirror be repaired?

thornsanti
Finding My Feet

Can a chipped bathroom mirror be repaired?

PXL_20220301_075533827.jpg

 can this be repaired? What is the best way to handle this? Thank you for your advice.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: can a chipped bathroom mirror be repaired?

Hello @thornsanti

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your chipped mirror.

The only repair method that comes to mind is using a windshield/mirror repair kit. Another method you can try is asking your local glazier if they can cut a piece the same size as the one you have. Your last option is to use a decorative border on the mirror to hide the chip.

Let me tag our experienced members @prettyliving, @craftyhopper, and @lifestylebymari for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Eric. Could you recommend a mirror repair kit you think might be good for this? Thank you!

Hi @thornsanti,

@EricL and @MitchellMc will be happy to offer suggestions when they're back on the site on Friday. Hopefully @prettyliving@craftyhopper and @lifestylebymari can share their thoughts too.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Stevie

Hi @thornsanti,

I apologise for the extended wait for my reply.

I haven't seen any glass/mirror repair kits on offer. I suspect @EricL is referring to something you'd have to search for online. There appears to be several D.I.Y. kits which you might like to try. Most will be aimed at repairing chips in car windscreens and found at auto-parts stores.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects