Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you mix a Stretton shower set with a Methven shower mixer?

vhillman
Just Starting Out

Can you mix a Stretton shower set with a Methven shower mixer?

Can you tell me, can i use a Stretton shower set with a Methven shower mixer?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom

Hello @vhillman

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about whether the Stretton shower set is compatible with the Methven shower mixer.

If you are in Australia the majority of Methven mixers are set to equal pressure for a balanced mix. This means that it will work with almost any shower set you have. On the condition that the Stretton shower set you have is WELS rated or water efficiency rated it's been designed to work to provide a certain number of litres per minute with balance in mind.

If you are in New Zealand it's important to know if your hot water heater is either low-pressure or high-pressure. Methven shower mixers in NZ are built to accommodate both conditions so when purchasing the shower mixer it's important to know what kind of water heater pressure you have at home. Installing the wrong model will result in wildly fluctuating temperatures when trying to mix hot and cold. It will be impossible to balance unless you get the correct shower mixer.

My best advice is to investigate the pressure rating of your hot water cylinder and find out from your local council what kind of cold water pressure is being provided in your area. If the hot water cylinder is set to provide low water pressure and your cold water is coming in strong, the product you're looking for is an unequal low-pressure mixer.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects