Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Caroma toilet external leak - how to replace rubber seal?

Neddy99
Finding My Feet

Caroma toilet external leak - how to replace rubber seal?

The rubber collar that fits from the cistern to the exterior of the bowl is perished and leaking water.  How do I replace this item please.  Are they all a standard size?

thanks

Neddy00Caroma Leak.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Caroma toiletexternal leak

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Neddy99. It's fabulous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

There are a couple of different sizes available for a 40mm pipe and a 50mm pipe. Measure the white plastic pipe going into the pan to work out which one you need. The easiest method I have found is to put a little bit of dishwashing detergent around the lip of the plastic pipe and push the rubber fitting on. I then pull the larger side back and inside out over the pipe. Next, push the exposed inner rubber rim inside the toilet pan until it fits snuggly. Lastly, pull the outside piece back over the pan inlet. For a more visual depiction, you find loads of videos online about installing a pan cone.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for that, but how do you get the old one off?

thaks

Neddy

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I apologise, @Neddy99; that's a bit of an oversight on my behalf. It's rubber, so you might be able to pull it off by working from the pan side and peeling it back. However, given its age, I suspect you'll need to undo that nut at the end of the plastic pipe. Make sure you turn your water off first and flush the toilet, or you could end up with water all over you. Once the pipe is realised from the bottom of the cistern, you should be able to wiggle and pull the rubber fitting off the toilet. They can get quite stuck, but working a flat head screwdriver between the rubber and the ceramic pan can help pry it away. If all else fails, take a Stanley knife and carefully cut the rubber fitting apart in several locations.

I hope that helps.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects