Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cheap bathroom makeover

Tash_13
Just Starting Out

Cheap bathroom makeover

2290B390-23EA-4890-8C9D-65ECB4D86F64.jpeg

On a budget and was wondering if you can paint bathroom sink? My sink is in good condition but would like it to be white. If yes, what do I need to paint it with? Thank you 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: cheap bathroom makeover

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Tash_13. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Can I please clarify if it is the basin sink you wish to paint or the vanity? I only ask as the sink appears to be a shade of white and the vanity a cream colour, this could just be the way the colours appear on my screen though.

For the basin sink, I would recommend Rust-oleum Tub And Tile Refinishing Kit as it is a fast-drying durable coating that acts and looks like porcelain and ceramic.

For the vanity, I would advise using the Dulux renovation range of products for laminate benchtops as they are waterbased and easy to apply, durable and chip resistant and tintable to thousands of colours.

Here's a step-by-step D.I.Y guide on How to paint laminate and benchtops which you might find useful if you paint the vanity. I'll also include below an instructional video on applying the Tub and Tile paint.

Please let me know if you need additional information or if you had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects