Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cosmetic bathroom reno

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Cosmetic bathroom reno

Hi all 

We have just completed an update to our bathroom. We did a cosmetic reno to limit costs but we still wanted to create a more inviting space.

20210315_105817.jpg

This consisted of framing the mirror, painting the walls, tiles and vanity. Very happy with the end result

IMG_2249.jpg

20210315_111316.jpg

20210315_110004.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

Before 

20210315_105424.jpg

20210315_110359.jpg

Cheers again and hope this inspires anyone else out there !

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cosmetic bathroom reno

Looks terrific @diy_hausdesigns, well done. I have featured your makeover on the Project Gallery so others can be inspired by what you have achieved.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's an amazing transformation you've achieved there @diy_hausdesigns! However, given the high quality of everything else you've shared with us, I wouldn't have expected anything less.

It was a brilliant decision to paint those tiles and vanity. They look much more aesthetically pleasing now in white. Would you mind giving us a rough estimation of what this cosmetic make-over cost? I trust that will be useful information for members deciding between a cosmetic or total renovation.

I must say I'm a little disappointed you didn't follow my instructions and feature a toilet roll holder shelf over the toilet. It would have really been the icing on the cake! 😂

Wonderful work, as always. Well done.

Mitchell

TS.png

@MitchellMc 

Thanks mate! I think the experience is building my confidence. I must say, I loved your holder shelf .. however I would never measure up to your delivering it to your standards 😉

Makeover Total costs approx  $ 350

Breakdown 

Mirror Moulding - $ 30
Mirror Tape - $12
Paint - 2L $60 (this was plenty more than needed)
Paint and Primer for tiles $0 - remainder from kitchen
Mirror cabinet - $ 230
Toilet roll holder, towel Rails, bin - $0 already had these.

It really is a cost effective way of getting a new space at a low cost !

Cheers 

----

Thanks @Jason ! Though a smaller project and low budget. It has definitely had a huge  impact on the space. 

Cheers 

----

Hi there, for the ‘mirror mouldings’ what did you use…yours looks great and  I would like to do something similar with my mirror but not entirely sure what moulding option I should select?

Thank you! 

Thanks @Starter1503 

I used wall skirting boards as the mirror moulding which offered a good variety of options. Hope that helps !

All the best !

----

Welcome @Starter1503. We're so glad you've joined us and it's great to see that you've already received a helpful reply from @diy_hausdesigns.

We'd love to see what you come up with so please hit Start a discussion to share more about your project when you're ready. Feel free to reach out if you need any help along the way.

Stevie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects