Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. toilet renovation with tile paint

januaryrevival
Growing in Experience

D.I.Y. toilet renovation with tile paint

Hi everyone, so this is a bit embarrassing to share but I think it really shows the power of paint, and how much a simple reno can improve a space!

We started this while we in lockdown last year and just wanted a quick fix, so we gave the walls a fresh cost of paint and used White Knight tile paint from Bunnings on the tiles rather than replacing them.

After:

CBE0B2A2-64C5-41F3-B64C-761D67CC9F26.jpeg

Before:

84D8DEDA-B9E5-4EEE-B1F1-4EF3E85B6943.jpeg

The tile paint has held up really well and we would definitely recommend it! Happy to answer any questions ☺️

Sharing more budget home DIYs on our Instagram page if anyone is interested!

www.instagram.com/januaryrevival 

@januaryrevival

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Budget DIY toilet renovation with tile paint

Wow! What a stunning transformation @januaryrevival. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

How much would you say you've spent on this makeover? The results are truly awe-inspiring, and I can hardly believe it's the same space. I'm sure many of our members have a similarly styled older toilet area and will now be inspired to replicate your project. My toilet is almost identical and I'm considering it.

We look forward to hearing all about the projects and plans you have around your house and garden. What's next on the list?

Please feel free to let us know any time you need assistance or have something to share.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Budget DIY toilet renovation with tile paint

Hey Mitchell,

Thanks so much for the kind words – really appreciate it and it’s great to be here!

All up, it probably cost us around $300 in total. We managed to replace to toilet itself for $150 (such a bargain!) and we were very fortunate to have a plumber friend install it for us so we saved on trades.

As we already had the wall paint from the rest of our renovations, it was just the cost of the tile paint and primer, sanding paper, fixtures upgrades.

Next up we’re planning to tackle the bathroom – can’t wait to get started and looking forward to advice and inspiration from this group! ☺️

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects