Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Damaged tiles :(

Philly86
Just Starting Out

Damaged tiles :(

Hello,

So we renovated our villa and got a tiler that was a cash job and no longer renews his license (yes big no no!)

He acid washed out lappato Porcelin tiles we bought from TFO Smithfield. They are now ruined after we have cleaned and cleaned with white vinegar and had professional tile cleaners (who destroyed our taps and the chemicals eroded the grout from the showers) this is in two bathrooms. The tiling job itself was not top quality but we got everything installed and don't want to pay $$$$ to redo. Fixing the shower is around $800 per shower for a regrout and seal. I'm thinking of getting the tiles painted - any ideas???? HELP!!!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Damaged tiles :(

@Philly86

Really sorry to read of your experience. It must be so disappointing for you. Are you talking about wall tiles or floor tiles or both? And how are they damaged? A picture might help community members be able to help. 

I hope the Workshop community can provide some assistance with this problem. I also hope that you find plenty of other great advice, inspiration and information on the site. 

Welcome to the community, and please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from Workshop.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects