Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do Kaboodle sell a broom cupboard for laundry?

mistarusson
Growing in Experience

Do Kaboodle sell a broom cupboard for laundry?

Hi - Does anyone know if kaboodle do a broom cupboard to suit a laundry? Website lists a pantry or two, but they're with shelves; I'd like one like the Flatpax Utility 600mm 1 door broom cupboard, to accommodate a broom (funnily enough) and stick vacuum:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/flatpax-utility-600mm-1-door-broom-cupboard_p2666211?bvstate=pg:2/ct:r

Leaving the shelves out of the kaboodle one would be a bit of a waste of space. Going all Flatpax is an option, albeit cheaper. Appreciate any info or thoughts.

Thanks 😊

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Do kaboodle do a broom cupboard for laundry?

Hello @mistarusson 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about Kaboodle cabinetry.

The Kaboodle 600mm Kitchen Pantry has five shelves in it and has a solid timber backing. Customers will often ask their builder to modify the shelving system so that it has room for brooms and vacuum cleaners. I'm sorry but it does not come in a broom cupboard configuration. Its door comes in several colours and finishes.

The Flatpax Utility 600mm 1 Door Broom Cupboard does come in a broom cupboard configuration, but it only has a thin panel for its backing and uses a cam lock assembly system. This unit only comes with a single door in white.

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of your laundry area and its measurements. I'll be more than happy to sketch up a layout for you both in the Kaboodle and Flatpax system.  

I also suggest having a look at this guide - How to plan a laundry renovation by @Adam_W 

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular laundry renovation projects

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mistarusson
Growing in Experience

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the warm welcome, advice and information.

The link How to plan a laundry renovation by @Adam_W is great; I'd reviewed previously, got most thIngs covered. It's a small space, so has it's limitations. I'll utilise existing waste pipe, removing large trough sink and replace for worktop and smaller, s/s inset laundry trough. Washing machine taps could do with lowering/moving, whilst trying to limit plumbing works. Sorry - I'll send a photo soon (once I've tidied) and layout with dimensions!

Really appreciate the offer of plans.

Thanks

Great. Looking forward to seeing your laundry photos and layout @mistarusson. Our members love a good laundry renovation project so will be keen to follow along and provide advice and suggestions.

Jason

mistarusson
Growing in Experience

Thanks Jason!

Hi all - as I said, it's a small space... photos attached:

L 1720 (w/m wall, door to door),

W 1710 - Washing machine requires 610mm deep to wall; 560mm from wall to light switch; 715mm from wall to door frame (internal and external doors).

H 2410

Ideas so far...

Cupboards - thinking gloss white, for the small space. Would like the kaboodle 2 x 35L base mount laundry hamper (or similar), from memory this one requires a 450mm base.

Bench top - no frills bench top, possibly wood (shame. the w/m is so deep as I like the Practa 2200 x 600 x 26mm Acacia Timber Benchtop, especially the price).

Wall tiles - we like the shape of Decor8 Tiles 334 x 221mm Boulevard Fan Seaside Gloss Ceramic Mosaic - colour mix is ok, I like the teal version also, but possibly too dark and 'flat'.

Floor tiles - not looked, yet. But the powder blue has to go!

External door - tempted to install a Hume 2040 x 820 x 40mm Entrance Door 1Lite Clear Glass , frosted ideally. Laundry is at the back of the house, gets the sun most of the daytime. Wife worries this door wouldn't work. I like the idea of more light, even if the odd ~40c days make for a hot room. Tumble dryer is staying in the garage. I think I'd also prefer the look of a full not half glass door from the back garden.

Cheers

L = 1720mm door to doorL = 1720mm door to doorW = 1710, washer 610mm deepW = 1710, washer 610mm deep'Renovators dream'.'Renovators dream'.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mistarusson 

Thanks for posting the photos and measurements of your laundry area. It's great that you've added the materials you want installed in your laundry. Please give me some time to draw up your laundry and as soon as I'm finished, I'll post it here.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

Hi @mistarusson,

I'm just following up for my colleague. I've created a rendering below of a possible layout. I've placed the broom cupboard into the plan, but I was unsure where you were thinking for the hamper. Obviously, the sink takes up space, and so does the washer, so I think it's either the hamper or the broom cabinet that you could fit in, but not both.

You could always use the Flatpax broom cupboard and do the rest in Kaboodle.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Laun1.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @mistarusson 

My apologies for the late reply. My friend is correct, due to the limited space that you have, you'll need to make a choice between the cupboard or the laundry hamper. 

I've placed a sample sketch of your laundry in both configurations with your preferred tiles and door. I've used the smaller 450 pantry so that your laundry cabinet can be bigger. Please have a look and if you wish to see it in another configuration, please let me know.

Eric

mistarusson laundry1.jpgmistarusson laundry2.jpgmistarusson laundry3.jpgmistarusson laundry4.jpg

mistarusson
Growing in Experience

Hi @EricL and @MitchellMc, I had the same realisation (pantry or laundry hamper) only yesterday - I had a plumber round rejigging wall taps ready for under worktop, sink, and cupboard that needs to allow for sink! - thank you both for confirming/flagging this!

Also, thanks for the great designs. Now that I see it without the pantry, I actually prefer the flow with the worktop and wall cupboards wall-to-wall; also knowing the double laundry hamper will be there and well-utilised. I think we can get away without a pantry - initially we wanted the 'broom cupboard' aspect as mentioned earlier in thread, though now, we have very little that requires a pantry like this.

I've sent the images to my wife who's in the UK for a few weeks; will lock in a decision in the next day or so. Will update you! Thanks again. Gary

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Do Kaboodle sell a broom cupboard for laundry?

Keep us updated @mistarusson! We can't wait to see your results.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects