Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Drab to bright laundry update

MsChezzyG
Cultivating a Following

Drab to bright laundry update

When we moved in to our house the laundry was one of the rooms I avoided the most- beige peeling paint, pink tiles with cracked grout, dim lighting and dark wood grain slatted cupboards. Our goal was to freshen, modernise and make it appealing as it’s right near the back door so is in a high traffic area.

What we did:

- scrape down, patch, sand and prime all walls and trims 

- replace the tiling above the sink and took it right across the wall and down the floor to make the room look bigger. Light grey grout to match the walls.

-install and modify a new gaslift cabinet to hide the ugly taps and PowerPoint, adding storage inside and above

-convert the old hot water cupboard into open shelving using oak shelving and white hardware.

- recycle our wooden bathroom mat to create the sink cover, modifying it with some cut outs to accomodate the washing machine hose outlet 

- window tint to block out the neighbours :smile:

- installed cool white led light globe- made a huge difference!

- styled with some shelving baskets and greenery to finish it off.

This is now my favourite Reno room in the house, I hope you like it! *Colours used are taubmans grey windswept beach for the walls, vivid white for the trims, colourbond monument for the sink cover.

33D6E348-6391-4DA5-A424-DBFD848C8B20.jpeg

D342DAA6-E834-487E-BF41-41590569B9EF.jpeg

8CF38B27-F448-4DD4-AE08-55027104DFDB.jpeg

1F125B49-D879-4B97-A4DC-B94D648DC2DC.jpeg

D46B0F8C-7FDB-4238-8C6F-1851FD328844.jpeg

7D277DF9-32F8-40DD-A6AC-4D2B2BF28C72.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Drab to bright laundry update

Wow, what a stellar transformation you achieved there @MsChezzyG! You should be exceptionally proud of your efforts.

What was the cost of the project? It looks like it could make a fabulous budget makeover for many of our members.

Many thanks for sharing, as I trust it will provide some fantastic inspiration.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MsChezzyG
Cultivating a Following

Re: Drab to bright laundry update

Thanks Mitchell, I’m not certain of the total cost but I’m thinking it would have been around $700 including the wet tile cutter. I think we got a good result letting us focus more $$ on other rooms!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects