Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ensuite reno with tiled floor and shower feature wall

TraceyG1
Growing in Experience

Ensuite reno with tiled floor and shower feature wall

IMG_1670.jpeg

IMG_1672.jpeg

IMG_1673.jpeg

IMG_1674.jpeg

IMG_1675.jpeg

  

Finally we have completed our ensuite after being a storage room for 15 years, once we started it took around 3 months to complete as it was done over weekends. 

We had to put a new floor in as it was rotted in places, then a new window, new plaster on the walls/ceiling, installed 4 way heat/fan light in ceiling, tiled the flooring, Waterproofed all the plaster, undercoated the walls/ceiling then 2 coats paint, installed the basin, toilet and walk-in shower base, then tiled the wet areas, installed all the fittings for basin & shower (taps). Our son made the barn door out of left over vinyl floor planks

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: ensuite renovation

Welcome to Bunnings Community @TraceyG1 

Eyes went wide! What a difference you have made. I was trying to figure out which wall was which but it just showed up how much work you have done! That room has been brought into the 2020's kicking and screaming but wow! Loving that mirror an lighting by the way.

How much fun was it refitting the room?

Dave

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @TraceyG1,

Let me also extend a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! I absolutely agree with @Dave-1 that you have really made a difference in your bathroom. I really like how you made black your accent colour and carried it through with your barn door. What a great feature! 

Our members inspired by your bathroom project may also want to check out 10 ways to transform your bathoom.

Well done!

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Ensuite reno with tiled floor and shower feature wall

@TraceyG1 Congratulations on your DIY July project entry, wishing you go well. I must say, the bathroom looks huge, I love it,  what a great transformation you have done, what a good idea and job done by your talented son on the barn door. Did you also build the vanity unit.Well done.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @TraceyG1 

What a beautiful transformation, the green tiled feature wall really stands out and gives your bathroom a fantastic look. Plus, that barn door looks so elegant.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TraceyG1
Growing in Experience

Thanks Dave, it’s been a long time waiting to get it finished, we are SO happy with how it came up.. 

TraceyG1
Growing in Experience

Thanks Katie, I’m so happy after all these years to have it completed, it’s taken a long time

TraceyG1
Growing in Experience

Thanks Joe, the house was an old orphanage back in 1936, this room was the children’s bathroom, it was like a caravan park toilet block. Our son  floor/carpet laying business and his left vinyl planks he makes barn doors out of them. No, The vanity we purchased 

TraceyG1
Growing in Experience

Thanks Eric, I LOVE the colour green, it’s such a stunning colour. If my husband let me I would have green everywhere😁

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects