Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

European laundry organization

smszsn
Finding My Feet

European laundry organization

Hi Sir,

I am looking to make some adjustment to my laundry area on top of the washing and dryer to make more space. The pictures of the area and the dimensions are attached. I am looking to make the most use of the space since I live in the apartment. I really appreciate if you could help me to do thatphoto_2020-07-13 18.28.20.jpeg.

Sophy

photo_2020-07-13 18.25.04.jpegphoto_2020-07-13 18.25.09.jpegphoto_2020-07-13 18.25.17.jpegphoto_2020-07-13 18.25.22.jpegphoto_2020-07-13 18.25.26.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: European laundry organization

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @smszsn. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I've put together a design that utilises the rooms available footprint to provide additional storage space. There is a gap left next to the washer/dryer so you can store dustpans and brooms. The benchtop can be continued across to the end panel to give you more bench space if you would like. There is a 600mm wall cabinet and I've filled the remaining space with some shelves to store laundry goods. The shelf under the cabinet will need to be placed above the taps and powerpoint for clearance.

We look forward to following your laundry project and if you need any advice or have questions please let us know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks, Mitchell for your reply and wonderful design. It is much appreciated. Just a question where can I get the wooden shelves the size that I need?

Regards,

Sophy

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@smszsn,

They are available through Kaboodle or you could have them custom made to your specific size. You might like to consider having the benchtop and shelves made from our laminated panels as they are a fantastic low-cost option. You could D.I.Y. these panels and build the benchtop and shelves yourself. I'm sure our talented members would be more than happy to give you advice on how to go about it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell for your help. 

regards,

Sophy

Hello @MitchellMc 

Excellent suggestions! Good use of space!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects