Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Extravagance on a budget

LucyA
Growing in Experience

Extravagance on a budget

This is my first makeover room in our new home (and first ever). I wanted to create something unnecessarily lavish, on a tight budget. I painted the walls, applied the wall paper, bought some wall mouldings and cut them to size (including measuring and cutting shapes to fit as rectangles) and affixed to the wall with glue. The main bars on either side are also nailed in. Applied a fresh coat of white over the wall mouldings and installed a floating shelf. I also replaced the light fixture and after hours of scrolling the internet, this light was the best one overall and I actually found it at Bunnings for a bargain $30. Changed the door handle, door stop and toilet roll holder too to match the black/gold touch from the light fixture.

After.JPGAfter wall.jpgWallpaper.jpgBefore.jpg

Missskybird
Building a Reputation

Re: Extravagance on a budget

What a brilliant job, congratulations 👏

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Extravagance on a budget

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @LucyA. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this terrific project.

What a stunning transformation! I trust you are exceptionally pleased with your efforts. Those wall mouldings and wallpaper are just simply lovely.

You've done an amazing job and should be really proud. We'll be looking forward to seeing what project you tackle next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects