Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Feedback wanted on laundry renovation

didanaao
Getting Established

Feedback wanted on laundry renovation

Hi there,

Wanting to do a reno on my laundry. The size of the room is 2.18 x 1.545.

CE1C4D9C-C138-4BC9-ACED-D9BBF6183FD1.jpeg

 Current state of laundry

55656175-A620-4CA5-9E2B-8D727197D497.jpeg

 Reno idea

DD0AF116-34F7-4EEB-8389-F7021568D2A1.jpeg

Based on my idea i’m guessing the washing machine taps and basin taps would have to be moved lower so that they sit under the cupboard/bench top right?

Would love thoughts on if you think this is a good idea. Any chance you could render an image of how this could look too? (i saw it was done on another laundry reno post)

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Feedback wanted on laundry renovation

Hello @didanaao,

Thanks for sharing your laundry reno plans. Looks like an exciting project and I can't wait to see your laundry transform. I'm sure our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be able to help with your question and assist in providing some rendered images when he's back online later today. Let me also tag experienced Workshop members Jess (@prettyliving) and Rufaro (@diy_hausdesigns) for their thoughts in the meantime. 

While waiting, I suggest having a look at the Top 10 most popular laundry projects shared on Workshop and 7 ways to transform your laundry for more inspiring ideas on what you can do with your space. The Bunnings team has also shared several guides related to renovating a laundry, including How to design a laundry for your space and 12 ways to a perfect laundry, which you may find handy. 

Please do keep us updated as your project progresses. We'd love to see the final result. 

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @didanaao 

I've drawn you up two examples, one with a single washing machine with a 600mm pantry and the second one is with a washer and dryer with a 450mm pantry. Please have good look and tell me what you think.

If you have any questions about the layout, please let me know.

Eric

didanaao
Getting Established

Wow love it Eric. We like the first design (only washing machine. No dryer).

Could Bunnings assist with this/give a quote on materials? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @didanaao 

I recommend bringing the sketch to your local store and speaking to the In-Store Kitchen Expert and they will be able to quote this set up for you including the benchtop and sink. While you are there, I suggest having a look at the tapware and tiles for your laundry area.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

didanaao
Getting Established

Thanks Eric. We came in and looked the at the Flatpax Utility range and think the below would work for our area. Would you be able to update the drawing with this so we could see it visually

1x 900mm floor cupboard flatpax

1x 600mm wall cupboard flatpax

1x 600mm door broom cupboard flatpax

+

1x benchtop

1x washing machine

1x basin and mixer

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @didanaao,

Eric will be back on the site tomorrow, and I trust he will be happy to update his rendering for you.

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @didanaao 

As requested, your laundry in Flatpax cabinetry.

Please note that because your cabinetry does not have finishing panels, there will be a gap of 36mm on either side of the washing machine. The gap can be reduced by putting a filler panel on the left side of the 900mm base cabinet. This will bring it closer to the washing machine giving it a much more custom look.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How is your project planning progressing @didanaao?

We hope you found Eric's designs useful. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can help further. We're certainly looking forward to seeing how you can transform your laundry.

Jason

didanaao
Getting Established

Hi Jason, 

Eric’s designs were very helpful. We are going to use the flatpax range to build the laundry. Have just had to pause as we’re currently painting our house. Laundry build will likely follow once painting is complete

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects