Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fresh and warm laundry renovation

Gaylenedrew
Growing in Experience

Fresh and warm laundry renovation

A few simple selections, layout change and styling can be all it takes to make an impact.⁠

In our Laundry renovation I decided to keep it simple with a classic yet effective colour palette of white, timber and brass. White to keep it bright, timber for warmth and brass for a touch of class. Before it was dark, water damaged and lacked practical storage. Now it has space for the mop and bucket, a cupboard that fits cleaning products properly, an under bench dryer and a shelf for some pretty styling. It's light, bright and fresh!

Materials

Cabinets - Gloss White (Modular Range) - Kaboodle  Cabinet Link 

Benchtop & Shelf - Honeywood - Kaboodle  Benchtop Link 

Handles - Prato Handle Brass - Momo Handles  Handle Link 

Wall Paint - Modern White - Dulux

Splashback - Thirroul Terracotta - Tile Cloud 

Flat lay of selectionsFlat lay of selections

Tools

Steps

Step 1

Designed the project utilising 3D Images to ensure the design worked and fit within the space.

Design & PlanDesign & Plan

Step 2

Demolition of existing laundry facilities

Laundry beforeLaundry before

Step 3

Order & purchase and build kaboodle cabinets. Install per easy-to-follow directions. Once cabinets had been installed, cut benchtop to size, with sink insert and install.

IMG20221023133317.jpg 

Step 4

Prep splashback for install of new tiles. Lay new tiles, grout and silicon. 

IMG20221029145138.jpgIMG20221029145213.jpg

Step 5

Complete fit off of plumbing & electrical using qualified trades.

Step 6

Clean and style ready for everyday use.

IMG20221106152821.jpgIMG20221106153049.jpgIMG20221106153238.jpgIMG20221106153537.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fresh & Warm Laundry renovation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Gaylenedrew. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

Congratulations on completing your DIY Laundry project! The transformation you've achieved is really impressive and I love your attention to detail and overall vision for the space. The combination of a classic colour palette, including white, timber, and brass, creates an elegant and inviting atmosphere. I also am a huge fan of your tile choice.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your beautifully functional laundry space. Well done!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi gaylenedrew..

Very nice laundry restoration job..The back splash tiles look very nice..

Good luck with your entry..

Prof..

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Gaylenedrew I think you have great choice of color pallet and materials used. I like the results you have achieved, especially the taps, tiles, plus,   keep up the good work, well done.

Gaylenedrew
Growing in Experience

Hi Joe, Sorry for the late reply!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, really appreciate it :smile:

Gaylene

Gaylenedrew
Growing in Experience

Hi Prof, Thanks for your kind words and taking the time to let me know, I really appreciate it :smile:

The tile is my favourite feature of the laundry. If only they were more even ... something to improve on with our next DIY.

Gaylene

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects