Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Gararge conversion into a bedroom with bathroom

Jebsmum
Just Starting Out

Gararge conversion into a bedroom with bathroom

So adding extra info, concrete floor and looking at either the Berber Jet dryly the white knight ultra pave for the floor

Hi
Quick question, I’ve been looking at the floor paint for garages as I’m thinking of painting the floor of our garage as I want to convert it into the master bedroom. Question is, is it non slip? Would I be able to have it in an en-suite bathroom as the floor rather than tile over? Im thinking of putting a fibreglass shower bottom over the top so the floor will only be getting splashed not full water. I’m after something multipurpose as I also hate cleaning. Thinking of going with a render paint for the walls also so hopefully no need to tile walls 
Thanks 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Gararge conversion into a bedroom with bathroom

Hi @Jebsmum,

Many thanks for joining us. Your project sounds interesting and I'm sure Workshop members will be able to assist with lots of helpful advice and inspiration so you get a great result for you and your family. Welcome!

Before I hand over to the community to assist, could I please ask that you clarify what type of floor you currently have in the garage (concrete?) and what you are thinking about applying on it? If you could provide a link to the specific product you are planning on using, and perhaps also a photo of the area you are working with, it would give members a much clearer idea of what you are asking. Perhaps you have been inspired by this very popular Epoxy garage floor project by @maknilsin

Many thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop. We look forward to assisting you and seeing how the project progresses.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

I suggest you check with your local Council
As paint selection has nothing to do with class1 building compliance. hth

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jebsmum,

My apologies, I missed that you had edited your post and provided a little more detail about your project. Have you made any progress?

Let me tag a few helpful members including @redracer01@MitchellM@maknilsin@Simon for you to assist.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects