Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

HELP. need ideas for small bathroom reno!!

AmyCody
Cultivating a Following

HELP. need ideas for small bathroom reno!!

bathroom.PNG 
Hey everyone!
I am about to undertake my first (budget) home reno and beginning with the toughest room, the bathroom! (did somebody say "mates rates"?)

I love the layout i currently have but it seems unachievable to me as there would be no where to put the toilet roll holder!
the dimensions of the room are 2.5m wide by 2.3 deep. 
We are hoping to have a new walk in Shower, new bath, new toilet and have made a DIY vanity that is 110cm long and 50cm deep. 
In the floorplan above the bath is 150cmx75cm (one from bunings). The shower is 110cm deep and 90cm wide (the width can decrease if someone finds it works better with a narrower shower). 

b1.jpgb2.jpgb3.jpg

Also attached are pictures of the bathroom now for background.
we will be pushing out the left side wall into the master bedroom as there is enough room in order to hopefully fit a bath and toilet into the main bathroom! 

If nothing can be achieved we will leave the layout AS IS (sadface) and only have a walk-in shower, our vanity and a toilet. 

Can't wait to hear peoples ideas. 

Thanks,

Amy & Cody :smile: 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: HELP. need ideas for small bathroom reno!!

Hi Amy and Cody (@AmyCody),

Many thanks for sharing your project. I trust our members will enjoy following along with your build and providing assistance.

I wouldn't let the position of the toilet roll holder ruin your plan, I'm sure you'll find a work-around. You might be able to find a slimline cistern which made mounting the roll holder onto the wall a possibility. Better yet an in-wall cavity cistern.

Can I also ask what the total size of the room will be when you shift the wall back? If we are lucky @redracer01  might be able to create a rendering of the space and I'm sure he will need the overall dimensions.

If you haven't already you might like to view: Top 10 most popular bathroom projects.

These previous discussions could also be helpful:

We look forward to seeing what you do with your project and I trust our creative members will have some great suggestions for you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
AmyCody
Cultivating a Following

Hi Mitchell, 

Thanks, it will definitely be a journey!

those are the dimensions of the room after the wall is pushed back, it is currently about 180cm wide, so hoping to push it back for an extra 60cm for moveability. 

To be honest it hurts my back just thinking about having the toilet roll on the wall :unhappy: But it may have to be, otherwise i am even wondering if i could do a metre high niche or if that would take up too much space? Lots to think about before we begin. 

Thanks for sharing other peoples experiences! It's really great to know there is light at the end of the tunnel :smile:

Itai
Becoming a Leader

@AmyCody 

Hey Mitchel.

Happy to share any ideas or provide a thinktank! I'm no expert, but I've just come out the back of my as budget as possible reno. After Mitchell linked me above, I quickly uploaded the finished bathroom for reference.

I also ended up renovating my existing bathroom very lightly, and all myself (with the exception of the plumbing), including installing my own waterproofing and showerbase, etc. So happy to provide tips.

FWIW, I ended up putting a double toilet holder from Bunnings on the vanity next to the toilet, as I didn't want to drill into the wall (not to mention there wasn't a good spot). We use one side for the role, and the other side for the hand towel.

Are the positions of your plumbing set in your designs, or have you go free reign to move around?

Can you draw the dimension lines onto the drawing, so I can help think too :smile:

Regards

Itai

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @AmyCody 

Here is a basic drawing of what it might look like once you've put all the necessary items in the renovated bathroom. I suggest to change the door swing from in to out to max out space use. Do not forget to put a heat / light / exhaust unit on the ceiling to remove excess moisture.

Cheers,

Red

amycody1.jpgamycody2.jpgamycody3.jpgamycody4.jpgamycody5.jpgamycody6.jpgamycody7.jpgamycody8.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AmyCody,

Just wondering how your renovation plans are progressing. It would be great for the community to get an update. I'm particularly keen to see your thoughts on @redracer01's designs. Please don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need anything.

Jason

Singlelife
Finding My Feet

Hi, I'm interested to see what you do with this. Basically I have the same tiny bathroom.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Singlelife. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

It would be great to hear more about your project, and we'd encourage you to start your own discussion and share some details and images with us when you are ready. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our innovative members share their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects