Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Heavy duty grout for floor tiles?

DIYMum
Having an Impact

Heavy duty grout for floor tiles?

Hi all

There's a section of tiled floor in the main bathroom where the grout keeps coming out and I'm wondering if there's a heavy duty grout or something else I can use to repair? We have previously removed the old cracking grout and replaced, but as the area is subjected to a lot of use from a 250kg power wheelchair it keeps breaking. 

Grateful for any advice/suggestions!

20220128_122317.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Heavy duty grout for floor tiles?

Hi @DIYMum

I'm only aware of one grout that can take that kind of punishment and that is Dunlop 20kg Construction Grout. Unfortunately, it only comes in a grey cement colour. I also recommend trying Davco 1L 4 In 1 Grout Additive. This makes ordinary grout more flexible and allows it to tolerate crushing and flexing. The only other thing I can suggest is testing Selleys No More Gap. This is a flexible medium and will tolerate compression and tension. However, I'm not sure how long it will last in that kind of environment.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your floor repaired.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DIYMum
Having an Impact

Thanks @EricL! Will give the Davco 4 in 1 Grout Additive a try first and will let you know how it goes :smile:

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

I'd also recommend the Dunlop construction Grout. If you wanted it to be white, you could always use the Dunlop Ultra White grout paint to get the desired colour. 

Remarka6le

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects