Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Help to redesign laundry

staffymama
Getting Established

Help to redesign laundry

Hi there, looking for some help on how to redesign this laundry space. We have just started putting our dogs in here at night on their pet beds. Note that this is our linen cupboard which also has the hot water cylinder in it too, so space is very limited. 

16007213708225734772426614754314.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Help to redesign laundry

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @staffymama. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

To what extent were you looking at re-designing the space? Did you want to leave the linen cupboard as it is? Perhaps you desired more cupboard space or a benchtop? I trust it will be helpful for our community in giving some great assistance if they knew a little more about what you wanted to achieve. A floor plan including dimensions will be needed if you intend on changing cupboards and the sink.

You might like to read through our Top 10 most popular laundry renovation projects on Workshop. This will give you some ideas of elements you wish to include in your redesign.

Some articles on D.I.Y. laundry renovations include-

We look forward to hearing more about your laundry redesign project and what you would like to achieve with it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you, I will check out these links.

At this stage the hot water cylinder will have to stay put for now, but it would be so nice to have a decent linen cupboard. In reality I would love front loader and sink with bench top over this, and either shelves or a cupboard above. Sorry about my awesome sketch of current design/measurements, Hopefully readable. 

16007293141078779567664150827869.jpg

@staffymama,

I've created a rendering which features a front loading washing machine, benchtop and some additional cupboard space. I hope this assists you when considering options.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks so much, definitely something very similar to what I would like to achieve in this laundry. Watch this space!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects