Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How I can connect my washing machine drain hose?

Ana_Alv93
Just Starting Out

How I can connect my washing machine drain hose?

E6BF66A9-28F0-45F3-A217-1DC968A1C8D3.jpeg

BD62C857-5E34-434B-9D0A-623D1F97A89A.jpeg

73D0E11F-F489-49C6-8DD2-92C3C89BC435.jpeg

Hi,

I moved recently to another house , and 

I dont have idea how I can connect the pipe to my washine machine waterdrain.

I went to bunnings and I got a Kinetic 25 mm hose joiner kit and fit perfectly in my waterdrain from the washine machine but in the pipe from the sink I squeezed it and still leak, what I can do ?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How I can connect my waterdrain to the pipe?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ana_Alv93. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a drain hose.

Let's start at the beginning. Has the barb on the sink waste been drilled out? Stick something thin like a pencil in there to check. Right where the barb meets the wall of the waste, there should be a drilled-out hole to allow water to flow into the waste. If it's not drilled out, you need to do so. 

Your washing machine hose is designed to fit straight onto the barb without a joiner. I can't see what's on the end of the hose as you have the 180-degree fitting pushed right up to the end. Can you please show me the end of the hose? Typically, they have a rubber end piece on them, and this is to go over the barb on the waste. A strap clamp keeps it in place. 

Since you've gone to the effort of trying to connect the hose with a joiner, I'll presume it doesn't have a rubber piece on the end, which you could have just pushed onto the barb. If so, I'd recommend picking up a new hose for the washing machine with the rubber fitting on it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell , thanks for answer back! I really appreciate it!

The barb on the sink waste is already drilled from before , so I don’t need to do anything else.

The hose in the end have a plastic structure , which is really unlucky because didn’t came with the rubber. I tried to find just the rubber in Bunnings but I couldt find anything just the set with the hose.

I dont know how I can pull out the hose from my washine machine , the brand is  NORJ Front Load Washing Machine - Model : NFL815W1 .

image.jpg

I would like to know which hoses will fit in my sink and washine machine.

The hard plastic makes it almost impossible to get a seal @Ana_Alv93

Are you able to access the rear of the washing machine? If so, the hose should be connected to the back of it with a clamp. Remove the clamp and hose and replace it with one that has the rubber fitting on both ends. If you can't access the back of the machine, it would be difficult to replace the hose. 

Due to the risk of fittings blowing off and dumping a whole load of wastewater into your cabinetry, I'd suggest you get a professional to replace the whole hose and make the connection for you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects