Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I adjust my shower door so it closes?

Ward3
Just Starting Out

How do I adjust my shower door so it closes?

My shower door doesn’t close fully, leaving a gap. It has a pivot at the top and bottom, what do I adjust to make it fully close?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I adjust my shower door so it closes?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ward3. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about adjusting a shower door.

Is this a new installation? If not, has the door ever closed correctly? I'd suggest the best place for information on corrective steps would be the shower screen manufacturer. If this is one of our products and you can provide the brand and potentially the model, I'd be happy to contact them to find out how this issue can be resolved.

I'd encourage you not to make any adjustments until you've received instruction from the manufacturer.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ward3
Just Starting Out

It’s not a new shower, it’s got worse I don’t know the manufacturer name 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Are you able to push the door closed, or can you not physically close it at all @Ward3? Is it just that if you move it to the closed position, it self-opens with that gap? Many hinges include a small detent mechanism inside that holds the door in the closed position. If this function is not working, then the weight of the door will cause it to open to the position of least resistance. If this issue has become worse over time, this internal mechanism has likely worn out.

If the above is correct, there's nothing to adjust to fix the issue. You'd be looking at replacing the hinges from the manufacturer or trying to figure out some type of latch system. You could possibly silicone a magnetic door catch to the top corner of the screen and door. Hopefully, the holding strength would be enough to keep the door closed.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects