Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I open dual button toilet water tank of make STYLUS?

Milan
Finding My Feet

How do I open dual button toilet water tank of make STYLUS?

834ABED4-3651-4B5B-B3F5-AEB9291903C8.jpeg

 Hi friends i was able unclip the cistern but the buttons seem to be holding the cistern. I also tried finding a slot on the buttons but didn’t find any.Is there a trick to opening the lid ?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do i open dual button toilet water tank of Make STYLUS

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Milan. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for the question about removing your cistern lid.

My first thought is that the flat circular flange/disk is like a big nut that needs to be unscrewed. That might be quite difficult since it is very thin, and it will be hard to get a grip on.

Is there any branding on the cistern? That might lead us to some instructions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell 

Thanks for the quick response, i did try moving the big disc but it doesn’t seem to move a bit .

The branding on the cistern says STYLUS

Regards 

Milan

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Milan 

My colleague @MitchellMc's advice is spot on. I would like you to please try again and this time while turning the locking ring, I want you to try a slight lifting motion as you turn it. Keep turning as it is screwed in fairly deep. Due to its age and the fact that it hasn't been opened in a long time might be the cause of it being very tight. I suggest using your tea towel if you can't get a grip on the ring. Please don't apply too much pressure as we don't want to snap the plastic locking ring. I have exactly the same type of locking mechanism in my second toilet. I'll post more information about it tomorrow.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Milan
Finding My Feet

@EricL  Thanks for the reply, I will give it a try again. I wasn't sure which way it opens and thus didn't want to apply much force and break it. If you could tell me by looking at yours i will be great full.

Regards

Milan 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects