Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I paint my small bathroom to make it look bigger?

nicholaalexande
Just Starting Out

How do I paint my small bathroom to make it look bigger?

Hi how do I paint my bathroom to make it look bigger

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how do I paint my small bathroom to make it look bigger

Welcome to the Workshop community @nicholaalexande. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist with it.

If you would like to upload some pictures of the bathroom it would assist community members in providing some helpful advice on paint choices.

As a general rule of thumb, brighter rooms give the impression of being larger. It would be my suggestion to select from an off-white range of colours for the walls and painting your architrave, skirting and ceiling in an even lighter shade. Light and bright walls are more reflective, making a space feel open and airy. You can certainly go for a specific colour but once again I would keep them in lighter tones as dark colours can make a room feel confined. 

You might also like to consider the addition of a large mirrornatural lighting and storage solutions to enhance the overall feeling of a larger room.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do I paint my small bathroom to make it look bigger?

Hi @nicholaalexande,

Great to see you join in the discussion on Workshop. Please let me know if you need a hand uploading photos of your bathroom so our helpful members can give more specific advice in addition to Mitchell's terrific reply. 

Looking forward to seeing how you can transform your bathroom.

Jason

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How do I paint my small bathroom to make it look bigger?

How did this project go @nicholaalexande? We'd love to see your painted bathroom if you're ready to share.

Stevie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects