Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i fix this washing machine leakage?

surajnebhani
Just Starting Out

How do i fix this washing machine leakage?

Hi there, I looked at a few leaking posts but was unable to fix. I have moved into a new home and i seem to be having leakage in my washing maching pipe. See pic attached. Just wanted to check what the best way to fix this is? Note there was no leakage at the old place. 

Model of the washer is Bosch WAN22120AU.

I have also attached a pic of a part previously used in installation, but now lying around unused (i am not quite sure where this goes, its possible this is the fix, but hard to know). 

Would appreciate any quick help please. Thanks!Extra partExtra partLeaking tap/hoseLeaking tap/hose

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do i fix this washing machine leakage?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @surajnebhani. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fixing a leaking washing machine hose.

The plastic nut fitting appears to seal fine against the tap, but the leak is coming from between the nut and the aquastop safety mechanism. 

Could you unscrew the plastic nut off the tap and show us the washer located inside the plastic nut? If it's split or deteriorated, it could need replacing. 

Did you need to use any tools to remove the plastic nut from the tap, or did you use any to connect it at the new house? If so, you could have cracked the plastic nut. However, I'd advise you to replace the rubber washer inside the plastic nut to see if it resolves the issue before looking at replacing the hose.

That screw clamp isn't used with this connection. If the hose is pushed onto the back of the machine instead of screwed, it could have come from there.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects