Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i regrout tiles in bathroom?

Collette
Just Starting Out

How do i regrout tiles in bathroom?

How do i regrout tiles in bathroom? Only needs doing where the wall meets the floor.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How do i regrout tiles in bathroom?

Hello @Collette 

Often times it is silicone that is placed between where the floor meets the wall tiles. In order to remove the old silicone you need a silicone scrapper tool. After removing and cleaning the area you can then apply new silicone to the area and have a nice new looking  bathroom seal. 

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do i regrout tiles in bathroom?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Collette. It's wonderful that you've joined us and many thanks for your question.

It's great to see @redracer01 has already offered some helpful advice. Can you tell if it's a soft silicone in the joint or a hard cement-based grout? As @redracer01 has mentioned, this is an area where grout cracking is highly likely due to movement and flexible silicone is often used. You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How to silicone a gap.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects