Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add a flange to cover a proud bath spout?

Barracuda
Just Starting Out

How to add a flange to cover a proud bath spout?

IMG_0161.jpg

I am replacing tired tapware in a bathroom and have an issue with the spout being too proud as the depth of the Mondella Resonance spout is very shallow.

Can anyone recommend an appropriate flange or trouble dome that would do the job neatly - cutting the breech isn't my preferred approach.

Thanks,

Murray

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Proud spout

Hello @Barracuda 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your bath spout.

If you are after a flange to go into that gap you can use a Fix-A-Tap trouble dome. You'll need to order it at the special orders desk, I've placed an image below so that you can show it to the special orders team. Your other option is to make your own cover flange from a Holman 50mm PVC DWV Push On Cap. You'll need to drill into the middle of the cap using a Craftright 7 Piece Flat Spade Drill Set on slow speed to prevent cracking it in half.

Once you've drilled through, you just need to sand the surface and then wash it with soap and water. I then propose spray painting it with Rust-Oleum 340g White 2X Ultra Cover Paint+Prime Gloss Spray Paint. The best part is that because it's plastic it will not rust and stain your tile.

Please keep is updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your bath taps ready for use.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the reply.  Perhaps there is something that has crisp 90 degree profile in brass / chrome like the taps / spout?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Barracuda (Murray)

There is the option of painting the PVC in shiny chrome if you want to match the spout. I propose having a look at White Knight 300g Super Chrome Spray Paint, just make sure to use a plastic primer before using the chrome spray. The only other options I'm aware of is the Shaw & Mason Chrome Plastic Basin Flange - 2 Pack or the Kinetic 50mm Dwv Raised Cover Plate. If I find anything else that's compatible, I'll post it here straight away.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects