Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add another toilet?

Lisac
Just Starting Out

How to add another toilet?

DC784C12-AAF5-46A1-B27B-B2E3DC9EEBAB.jpeg

I am wanting to divide my toilet bathroom into two separate bathrooms. My question is, is it possible plumbing wise to add another toilet and where would it be located? My wall to divide the space will run from the existing toilet door across to the other door, so needing another toilet on other side of wall? The door in the left is the toilet then door on opposite wall is where wall would divide the room, so need new toilet in vanity side of room, happy to go to a 60 vanity and there is a cupboard behind door entry that I can go into if req. thank you

ECC45268-2923-4910-9CE8-535DA4C0E170.jpeg

8574D5FA-1A7D-45CC-9188-FF55844E5581.jpeg

5129C610-072B-46D1-A090-4ADE92FD2954.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: adding another toilet to make 2bathrooms

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Lisac. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about dividing a bathroom.

We're likely going to need a top-down sketch of the new proposed layout with dimensions to really work out whether it is possible. You can squeeze a shower, vanity, and toilet into a tiny footprint to achieve what you require. It just depends on what type of sacrifices you're willing to make. Guessing at your footprint, I'd suspect you'll need to go with at least a slimline vanity and even then, it's going to be relatively tight.

Here's a quick rendering of a possible layout.

We'll be looking forward to seeing your sketch of the room and hearing those dimensions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects