Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a laundry table over your washing machine

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

How to build a laundry table over your washing machine

Walking around the store I happen to come across 2250 x 600mm 30mm Plywood Pine BC and realized that this would make a perfect laundry table. In order to build it you would need two of the plywood panels, four Carinya 100 x 125 x 25 x 6mm Black Heavy Duty Manhattan Angle Bracket - single - Black, one packet of Zenith 8G x 28mm Gold Passivated Countersunk Rib Head Chipboard Screws - 38 Pack and one pack of  Zenith 8 - 10 x 60mm Treated Pine Countersunk Head Screws - 50 Pack.

The general steps are to cut the plywood to the width of your washer and dryer plus 30mm overhang on each side to join the legs on. It's important to provide a gap of 25mm on each side and in the middle of your machines to provide vibration space for them. The leg panel must be at least as tall as your machine plus 25mm for the vibration gap. Connect the leg panels using the 60mm screws and make sure to use a minimum of four per leg. Attach the angle brackets at the bottom and use the 28mm screws to secure them. 

Sand down the panels and I suggest painting it with Feast Watson 1L Satin Liming White Stain And Varnish for a nice finish.

Have a good look at the illustrations and if you have any questions about the assembly please let me know.   

Happy Holidays

Red 

laundry plywood table1.jpglaundry plywood table2.jpglaundry plywood table3.jpglaundry plywood table4.jpglaundry plywood table5.jpglaundry plywood table6.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a laundry table over your washing machine

A simple bench addition from pre-made panels, well done @redracer01. I made a similar addition to my laundry and have never regretted the decision.

Are you going ahead with the build, and if so could we get some pictures?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects