Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect dishwasher to pipe?

michaelmkchu
Finding My Feet

How to connect dishwasher to pipe?

I just had my washing machine delivered and installed, and the guy said I was missing a ring to attach to the pipes. Here is a picture of the pipes without the ring. Can you tell me what this is called so I can buy it?

Missing a ring at the red circle to connect washing machine to pipesMissing a ring at the red circle to connect washing machine to pipes

michaelmkchu
Finding My Feet

Re: Connecting washer to pipe

Also, how would I figure out what size / brand / features I would need? For context I have a fisher and paykel 8kg front load washer

Phil_Windle
Finding My Feet

Hi Michaelmkchu,

The washer Drain hose should just slide over the connection point(elbow grease may be required) if you want to clamp it in place I’d advise a simple hose clamp at hand tightness.

FYI before installing make sure you drill out the internal of the spout to allow water through, from memory a 12mm bit will fit perfectly

Thanks! there are a lot of hose clamps to choose from. would the following fit the bill? First time doing anything plumbing related, don't want to end up with a ton of water running everywhere.

Kinetic 6-16mm 316 Stainless Steel Hose Clamp

https://www.bunnings.com.au/kinetic-6-16mm-316-stainless-steel-hose-clamp_p0110753

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @michaelmkchu

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about connecting your washing machine outlet hose to your drain.

It's fantastic that you've received a spot-on recommendation from @Phil_Windle. Drilling the inlet spout is definitely recommended. I suggest using a Kinetic 17-32mm 304 Stainless Steel Hose Clamp. The barbed end of the inlet spout is measured to take a 19mm outlet hose which is what you have. Once the hose has been pushed on the size you will need to clamp it will exceed 16mm. Please remember not to overtighten the clamp to prevent cracking the plastic spout.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects