Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect hot water hose from washing machine to tap?

damian22
Finding My Feet

How to connect hot water hose from washing machine to tap?

Hi all.

I’ve moved into a new house and attempting to connect up my Fisher & Paykel Washsmart washing machine.

Cold tap under sink - no problem. Hot tap - problem. 

The hose end is roughly 25mm which I think is pretty standard; the tap is 20mm. 

I can see the previous owners have used thread seal tape and some kind of other adaptor to attach their cold hose, but I can’t figure out what that adaptor is and I’m not too keen to pull it apart to find out!

Any ideas?

IMG_1120.jpeg

  

IMG_1121.jpeg

IMG_1122.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect hot water hose from washing machine to 20mm tap under sink

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @damian22. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a washing machine.

If your measurements are correct, then you would need a Brasshards 25 x 20mm Brass Threaded Hex Reducing Bush which is what they've used on the other tap. Thread tape will need to be applied to the existing thread on the mini cistern cock before installing the bushing. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you! I'll give it a try.

I'll also need to connect the outlet hose. I've read through this post: https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Bathroom-and-Laundry/What-fitting-for-washing-machine-outlet...

I've picked up a hose clamp to complete the job but I'm still a bit unclear which nipple I should attempt to attach it to. Is there a difference between the top and bottom one? Any guidance much appreciated!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

There's no difference between the top and bottom nipple @damian22. I'd pop the outlet hose on the top one as it puts it slightly higher than the water that constantly sits in the S-bend.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects